Sunday 12 January 2014

Hair Care Haul/Mini Review

Starting the day the right way!


As you know if you read my blog, I recently had my hair 'dip dyed', now if you don't know what that means, in its most basic form it means I had the ends of my hair dyed/bleached blonde, leaving the tops of my hair my natural brown. You can see pictures here so you can get an idea of what I mean.

Because of the bleach I decided to actually buy a proper shampoo, for too long I'd be using cheap shampoo because, as bad as it is, I wash my hair daily because of my job, I want my hair to look good, not dirty, but because of that I didn't want to spend a lot on shampoo. However, like I said, I'd bleached my hair so I want to keep it healthy.

Shampoo, Conditioner, Leave In Spray

£15.95

£12.95

£4.49

I picked up the shampoo and conditioner set from the salon where I had my hair done, They used most of the range on my the day I had my hair done, however I asked about the prices and nearly fell through the floor, £12 for a shampoo just seems ridiculous to me, but to keep my hair healthy? Well, I guess I'll give it ago. The shampoo is lovely, as is the conditioner, however the lady who did my hair told me "you don't need a lot of shampoo, just add water and it creates a lovely lather' now I took this to heart, and couldn't make the shampoo to work for me for the first few days, however I decided to use slightly more shampoo and when you have very wet hair, it does lather, and is lovely. The smell is very light, but it does linger which I really like. It is also a daily shampoo which is perfect for me because I can use it on my working days and not worry about drying my hair out. Like I said these products are very expensive, for me at least, and I'm not sure I would repurchase, but I will keep you posted! 

The Aussie Miracle Colour Insurance, is a product I have used before, I love these products, the smell amazing, the packaging is lovely and girly and they just work. I bought this for days I don't want to condition my hair because my hair doesn't react well to being overly conditioned, and the spray is so convenient for me.

I'm looking to add a few other products to my hair care routine, but as I mentioned, I am not good with taking care of my hair, and it does stem from the fact that I don't really do anything with it, I wash it and blow dry it, done and done, so I never really stepped out into the world of haircare, so if you guys could recommend to me some amazing products for colour treated hair, I'd be really greatful!  

Talk to you soon guys!
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment